Power Vinyasa is a dynamic style of practicing yoga, developed to promote health and wellbeing to creating vitality, energising the body and mind. Rather than being a set of postures performed and held to varying levels by the practitioner for extended periods of time, Power Vinyasa is a flowing style of practice. Power Yoga uses vinyasa or flow to link postures together by breath and movement. Although the classes will follow a standard pattern, unlike Bikram or Ashtanga, there is not a set sequence for the class, each practice will have slight differences varying with the teacher.
Power Vinyasa is not about setting rigid standards that we must all live by, it is about recognising that we are all different and unique. What is right for one person is not necessarily right for the next. Yoga asana is not about creating the perfect posture, it is about challenging yourself to find stillness through breath to listen to the requirements of your body and mind. Every practice for you will be different, find your physical and mental power to discover your authentic self.
Some of the many benefits of practicing yoga are;
- Teaches you to breath fully and correctly
- Builds strength, flexibility, balance and endurance
- Can prevents and cures chronic illness and injuries
- Promotes better sleeping patterns
- Weight management and muscle toning
- Improves posture
- Detoxes and encourages use of every system in the body
- Reduces stress and fatigue
- Great for back and neck pain
- Gives you a cardiovascular work out without negative and repetitive strain on the body
- Increases focus, improving mental strength
- Improves memory, learning, coordination and balance